Have a direct impact:
The Career Step E-Learning division is looking for a Web Developer to code and modify our web properties, from layout to function and according to specifications, while striving to maintain best-in-class user experience, navigation, and mobile-first code structure. Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, you will be expected to integrate and work with an internal creative services team and own the ongoing maintenance and quality assurance of our websites.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in multiple coding languages, with experience in standard content management systems, e-commerce platforms, and other software integrations (we use WordPress, BigCommerce, InContact, and others). You are obsessed with providing a seamless user experience, and carry a willingness to both learn new skills, as well as hold the line on best practice.
A day in the life:
- Write clean, fast-performing code.
- Create websites/webpages using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Maintain, expand, and enhance websites.
- Work closely with the web designer and other developers to:
- Create and maintain a best-in-class web experience
- Design and implement new features and functionality
- Formulate an effective, responsive design
- Adhere and help improve project management processes.
- Establish, adhere to, and uphold internal UAT/QA processes.
- Research different software programs, and maintain software documentation.
- Implement and execute contingency plans for website downtime and crashes.
- Contribute to and encourage creative collaboration
- Maintain constant and open communication with colleagues, stakeholders, etc. to:
- Develop and deploy their content as scoped and intended
- Ensure there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe
What you bring to the table:
- Ownership: You will take ownership of your project work, treating big and small tasks with equal attention to timely execution and quality.
- Thought Leadership: You know what it means to provide best-in-class UI, cross-browser compatibility, and mobile-first web development; you keep at the forefront of your industry and advise on how technological advances can benefit the company mission.
- Drive Measurable Results: You crave insight into how your craft contributes to the company’s bottom line, and adapt your skills and practices towards constant improvement.
- Vision: You are driven to understand our mission, values, and strategic goals, and work to incorporate them into your everyday tasks.
What you’ll need:
- 2-4 years as a full-time web developer
- Formal education is not required; we require demonstrable web development skills, and knowledge in the following:
- Common front-end frameworks/libs (Jquery, React.js, Bootstrap, Wordpress, etc.)
- Front-end workflow tools (Git, NPM, Webpack, Babel, SCSS, etc.)
- HTML5, CSS3, Flexbox
- API standards (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Writing service logic and database queries (Node, Python, PHP, Java, or similar)
- Experience developing responsive websites
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce applications
- Solid communication and organizational skills
- A collaborative mindset
- The ability to take and provide constructive and positive feedback
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe, Google Suite products
- No remote candidates, must be willing to work on site (no relocation assistance offered)
Who We Are:
Career Step is a premier destination for healthcare learning needs. We are committed to helping learners and practicing healthcare professionals alike gain the skills they need to be successful in the workplace--improving lives, advancing careers, and bettering business results.
We have provided instruction to over 140,000 individuals for new careers in allied healthcare, provide training for several of the largest and most respected healthcare employers in the nation, and have more than 150 academic partnerships with colleges and universities nationwide. We also offer a growing catalog of continuing education courses for clinical healthcare professionals, helping more than 100,000 clinicians maintain necessary certification requirements.
- Insurance: Vision, Medical, Dental
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Self-managed PTO
For more information about our company and what we do, check out our website at www.careerstep.com.